Gloucestershire Constabulary has been made aware of hoax phone calls claiming to be on behalf of NHS Test and Trace aiming to get vulnerable people to hand over payments for a testing kit.
Anyone known to have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for coronavirus will be contacted by the NHS by text, email or telephone. The service will be using a single phone number 0300 0135 000.
Contact tracers will never:
- ask listeners to dial a premium rate number (for example, those starting 09 or 087)
- ask for any form of payment or purchase a product or any kind
- ask for any bank account details, social media identities or login details
- ask you for any passwords or PINs, or to set up any passwords or PINs over the phone
- disclose any personal or medical information to your contacts
- provide medical advice on the treatment of any potential coronavirus symptoms
- ask you to download any software to your PC or ask you to hand over control of your PC, smartphone or tablet to anyone else
- ask you to access any website that does not belong to the government or NHS