As we move into the next face of this pandemic, we just wanted to confirm that we are still fully open to offer care and support for our patients. To protect our staff and patients we are asking that all patients contact us either by telephone or via our website in the first instance. This is just to minimise unnecessary footfall into the surgery.
Our reception staff are able to either:
- Answer your queries
- Arrange a telephone consultation with a GP or Advanced Nurse Practitioner. They will call you back to discuss your concerns over the phone. They may then ask you to send a photograph, arrange a video consultation or invite you to the surgery for a face to face appointment
- Arrange an appointment with our nursing team if you require wound care, immunisations or cervical cytology
We can accept repeat prescription request online, via the prescription ordering line on 0300 421 1215 or by using the post box outside the practice.
We do ask that if you have any potential Covid 19 symptoms that you call us to reschedule your appointment. The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
To protect others, do not come to the surgery, stay at home (self-isolate) and organise a test.
When you do attend for your appointment we would ask that you wear a face covering. Please try to arrive as close to your appointment time as possible as we are limiting the number of patients we allow in the waiting room, to allow for social distancing.
Thank you from all the team at Sixways